A “pyramid” which stood on the ridge around 250 metres north of the palace was already mentioned in 1816. The approximately seven-metre-high sandstone pillar was also known in the vernacular as the “Jousting Column”, probably in memory of the tournament of 1817.
On the south and west sides of the column are sundials. On each side of the top section is a coat of arms of the House of Wettin.
| top |